Brian and Chelsea

Welcome to the Hoskisson Blog... Hope you Enjoy!!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Belize...

Jan 2-8, 2011
Brian and I have wanted to go to Belize for some time now... so we finally decided to make it happen!
It was a joint of different gifts to each other! For Brian: Almost done with School, Christmas, and just because. Me: Christmas, Birthday, and just because!

We decided we needed another couple with us! Someone for Brian to fish with and someone for me to relax with! My cousin Kelly and Bryce were nice enough to come with us!
We decided to stay on Ambergris Caye... in San Pedro.

We had an amazing time! The weather was PERFECT! High 70's and low 80's... at night high 60's. It couldn't get any better then that! The sun was shining and it was so nice and relaxing! Brian and Bryce went fishing and loved it! Kelly and I relaxed and just had fun! It was perfect!

Belize is so fun...We rented a house on San Pedro Island. We had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, large kitchen and sitting area. We also had our own private pool out back... with lawn chairs! :) We rented a golf cart for the week and had fun with it! Driving it into town to shop, eat, and sight see! We ate out most meals... I enjoyed most meals. At least the more americanized meals! Haha! We even went Cave tubing one of the days. It was amazing, fun and relaxing! I'm ready to go back!!! NOW!!!


WARNING: There are A LOT of pictures!

Our flight left at 5:30 in the morning... so we got to the airport at 3:30. It was so cold and I hadn't slept at all. My dad was so nice to drive us there! We were so excited to start our fun adventure!

We got to Belize and met up with Bryce and Kelly! We then had to wait and take our small little plane over to Ambergris Caye Island... and where we were staying San Pedro! This guy was waiting for us!
Pretty funny... little scary too!
I'm sweating here... I dressed warm cause when we left it was super cold... not I need to change!

Bryce and Kelly here! As you will notice all through out... Bryce tries to make a different face in every picture!
Thought this was funny! We saw him all over the place!

Walking out to our little plane! Brian and Bryce are on the left side!

Brian and I getting ready to get on our TINY plane to head over to San Pedro!


Kelly and I on our small flight! We are so excited!!!

We got a little nervous at first [Kelly and I] but we made it safely!

The guys! Love the faces! So funny!

Kelly took a picture of the pilot! He wasn't very happy.

Getting ready to take off on our little plane!

We landed safely, met our taxi guy [which was interesting - seeing San Pedro was a shocking experience for me too], got to our fun little place, CHANGED, and headed out to eat! We were STARVING!! By the way... it kinda looks like I may be holding Kelly's hand... but I'm not!

I'M SO EXCITED!!!
I am so stoked to be on vacation! To be heading out to eat! And that I got to change out of my warm clothes!
Me just being the goof ball that I am! :) I was super excited to finally be here and super hungry!

Brian and I at the Palapa Bar. It was yummy! So fun!

We got back from dinner and the boys were so excited to go fishing the next day that they started getting all set up!

Brian brought 4 rods... and Bryce brought 1! They shared!

The next day the boys went fishing early for a half day! Kel and I slept in and got us a Golf Cart for the week! This was just a little house with a place to eat right in the front room. The boys enjoyed it. It reminded them of their missions. Kel and I... not so much!

Every one drives Golf Carts. The only cars you see are the "taxi's"... which are just really old vans. It was fun! Here we are stopped at a fresh market! We stopped there a few times during our trip. It was so yummy! Loved the fresh food!

Bryce cutting down some Bananas... These are the BEST ever! They are so sweet unlike ours! I wish I could find them somewhere here!

This place I liked... it was Hamburgers and yummy fries! Haha! NOT Belize-an food! Caught Brian at the wrong time!

The four of us enjoying dinner!

Bryce [making a face like usual] and Kelly!

The boys brought some Dave Scadden boats so they could go out back and do their own fishing! They had just blown them up and were playing with them in the pool. Also so Bryce could get the feel of them! Here they are ramming each other!


Playing bumper boats!


Brian doing a demonstration of how you can stand on them and fish!

Time to take them out to the real water!

Carrying them through the back yard!

It was nice... we had our own little dock they could walk out on and get right in the water there!

Brian's poles wouldn't fit in the bag... so he borrowed the pools pole! Haha! It worked at least!


The boys getting back from their fishing fun!

Love this one of Bri! His bare feet and his little fish that was a HUGE fighter! He's loving it...

Bryce fishing... they both wore these things on their faces... it keeps the sun off of them!

Brian in his element!!


Just enjoying the crystal blue water!

Brian's best catch!!! So fun!!

Thought this flower was cool! So pretty! Saw it on the river, while getting ready to go Cave Tubing!

SCARY! We saw a bunch on the way to Cave Tubing!

There were a ton of Lizards on the trees!

Heading to the caves for some relaxing tubing!

Crossing the cold river! Made me nervous to go into the caves, where it's even colder!

Brian and I on our hike to the caves!


Our funny guide!

Getting ready to get into the cold river!

Wasn't ready for the flash! It was pitch black in the caves! So quiet! Most people do only one cave... we did three.

Dark cave ahead!!


Brian and I by a little water fall inside the caves!

So pretty!!!


Brian and I on our Golf Cart! I thought it was fun... kind of a piece of junk... but still fun! It made it an adventure!

Me driving it out of our backyard to go into town with Kel!

A San Pedro street!

Kelly and I driving the Golf Cart!

Bryce and Kelly on the Golf Cart!

Driving into town! Bryce our crazy driver! We were having fun... in case you can't tell!

Kelly and I shopping! Trying on their huge hats!


Brian and I trying on matching hats together! So precious!

Gotta love Bryce's pink cowgirl hat!

Our Jamaican Jerk restaurant! It was SOOO good! We ate their twice! The second time was an all you can eat buffet! YUM!!!

Had to have a picture with the Bob Marley flag! Love that Bryce's shirt is also Bob Marley! True Bob Marley fans!

One of our days in town! Had a have a picture by the water!


Brian warned us to watch out for the pooping birds... then he got pooped on. :(

This guy with all his fresh catches of the day! Tried to sell them to us.

Brian's smallest fish the whole trip! Haha!

We were standing on a dock and this stingray was swimming underneath us! It was so cool to watch!

Little hermit crab we saw outside our house. I don't have a picture, but we had little lizards EVERYWHERE outside!

This kid took care of the yard of the house we were staying in. We asked him one day where we could get some fresh coconuts. He pointed to the tree in our yard and said right there! I'll come back and cut you down some! I'm not a fan of coconut water... and I don't like coconut. But the others loved it! We filled up a pitcher with the coconut water and they enjoyed it the rest of the trip!

It was cloudy one of the days... but we still wanted to sit by the pool. So here's Kel all wrapped up relaxing!

Beautiful sunset!

Heading out to my Birthday dinner!!!

Brian and Bryce under the sign of the place we went for my Birthday dinner.

Out by the water at the Resort we ate at!

Bryce and Kel at Dinner!

Brian and I at my Bday dinner!

Birthday brownies! YUMMY!!!

Our last day Kelly was just soaking up as much sun as she could before we had to take off. This was her favorite spot!

Brian reading while we are enjoying the last few hours before we have to leave.


That's my favorite spot right there! Wish I was sitting there right now!

Loading our stuff into the water taxi!

Here we are and all our luggage... and our crazy driver!

Loved all the flowers and vegetation all over our little place. You can see Kel in the backyard by the pool!

Love all the wild flowers!!




You can see the golf cart parked out back!

The front of our fun little place! Upstairs was the master room, bathroom, kitchen, dining nook, and family sitting room. Downstairs was a room with a bathroom.

Looking out back!

My favorite spot!!!

Looking outback to the pool and water!


View out front!

Dining nook and kitchen!

Kitchen view!

Our family sitting room!


Now... I just want to go back!!!

No comments: